EXE ID Conditions
- Registration for an EXE ID used for accessing Ragnarok Online must follow all the conditions set forth by Electronics Extreme Ltd. (EXE)
- The user must provide truthful and accurate information. In the event that the information provided is false, EXE reserves the right to terminate all services.
- The user agrees to abide by all the conditions set forth by EXE.
- In the event where there are irregularities in the services such as:
a. The use of third party software.
b. Intent of fraud and deception towards other users.
c. Create any form of harm towards EXE which damages the reputation or image of the company. EXE shall execute its rights to terminate that all services for the EXE ID either temporary or permanently without prior notice and the user agrees not to seek compensation no matter the situation.
- EXE reserves the right to pursue legal action in situations where the user commits offenses which include but are not limited to duplicating items, altering, distributing and disseminating the game unless authorized by the copyright holder. These offenses are considered violations of intellectual property either directly or indirectly that may cause harm to EXE.
- Dissemination of rumors or incorrect information that create harm towards EXE’s or an individuals’ reputation and image constitutes a 3 day account suspension or legal action depending on the severity of the action.
Rules of Conduct for Playing Ragnarok Online
- The Use of Appropriate Language
a. Users may not use vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly. Using inappropriate character, guild, party or pet names. Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.
b. Users may not impersonate or refer to the company as well as break the law, harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam, making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. in the in-game chat. In the event of a first time offense from the user the account will be suspended for a period of 7 days, a second offense will result in a 15 day suspension and a third offense will result in a permanent ban.
c. Users may not use language that may encourage, irritate and incite segregation in the community. This includes statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, conflicts with the law etc. as well as causing harm to any user and the game itself. In the event of a first time offense from the user the account will be suspended for a period of 7 days, a second offense will result in a 15 day suspension and a third offense will result in a permanent ban.
d. Users may not harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or flooding the in-game chat. Offenders will receive a 30 minute mute (red speech bubble) this disables all chat and skills.
- Buying/Selling/Trading and Gambling in Ragnarok Online
a. Users may not buy or sell in-game currency (Zeny) and items with real world money no matter the situation. This includes indirect communication through manipulation of language or words that convey the purchasing and selling of Zeny or items with real world money. For example - Sell, Instant noodle 60 PHP -Offenders will receive a permanent ban.
b. Users may not buy/sell/trade game accounts and characters. This includes indirect communication through manipulation of language or words that convey the purchasing and selling of an account. Offenders will receive a permanent ban.
c. In the event that a user either intentionally or unintentionally has given access of their account to another user the user who owns that account must take full responsibility for any damages this includes being penalized as per the conditions set by the game staff.
d. Users may not engage in any activity that pertains to gambling in the game for the exchange for in-game/real world currency or items. For example using the in-game Emoticon/Dice for gambling purposes. Offenders including involved parties will receive a permanent ban with no chance for an appeal.
e. Users must be careful when conducting business transactions such as buying/selling/trading of items with other users for Zeny. In the event that an issue arises the person issuing the transaction must claim sole responsibility.
f. In the event that a user has given/transferred/loaned an item to another user without considering the value of the item the game staff will "not" be responsible for the damages that the user has incurred.
g. Users may not engage in any actions with the intent of fraud such as selling items at a price that do not reflect the market value. First time offenders will receive a 7 day suspension, second offenses will receive a 30 day suspension and a third offense will receive a permanent ban.
- The Use of Third Party Software such as BOTS and other unauthorized programs
a. Users may not advertise or distribute server data that infringes on intellectual property. Use of software that assist/automate/manipulate data in the game such as BOTS or any other software without authorization from EXE will receive a permanent ban
b. Users may not use BOTs or any other cheat programs and forms of automated software that has not been authorized in Ragnarok Online or any other EXE services. Involved/indirect parties that benefit from such tools will also receive punishment.
b.i. Criteria for suspected BOT users are as follows
b.ii. Partaking in any form of action without responding to the game staff
b.iii. Irregular play patterns such as returning to the same location and sitting at the same location continuously.
Offenders will receive a permanent ban
c. Users may not use altered data of Ragnarok Online or data that does not match the services offered by EXE, no exceptions. The company reserves the right to issue a 7 day suspension on infringing users (permanent bans issued in c. can make an appeal through Live Chat).
Users may not use websites or software to phish other users’ information. The company reserves the right to issue a permanent ban and to pursue legal action as stated by the Republic Act No.10175, AN ACT DEFINING CYBERCRIME, PROVIDING FOR THE PREVENTION, INVESTIGATION, SUPPRESSION AND THE IMPOSITION OF PENALTIES THEREFOR AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
Republic Act No. 8293, AN ACT PRESCRIBING THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CODE AND ESTABLISHING THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OFFICE, PROVIDING FOR ITS POWERS AND FUNCTIONS, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
- Additional Rules and Regulations in Ragnarok Online
a. Users may not exploit in-game bugs for self-gain and affecting other users. Offenders will receive a permanent ban
b. Users may not prevent or obstruct the game staff in any way shape or form, as well as use Skills to disrupt and harass other users. First time offenses will receive a 15 day suspension, second offenses will receive a 30 day suspension and third offenses will receive a permanent ban
c. Users may not use Skills to disrupt or harass other players, such as using the Skill Warp or Ice Wall etc. either to block a path or on map entry points. If such Skills were used in Guild War areas offenders will be penalized double. First time offenses will receive a Mute for 300 minutes, second offenses will receive a Mute for 900 minutes and users that use such skills in Guild War areas will receive a mute double the amount listed above.
d. Users may not impersonate as a game staff or give off the perception of having connections with the game staff in Ragnarok Online or the staff in EXE for self-gain or causing harm to other users. Offenders will receive a permanent ban and could lead to legal action.
e. The company reserves the right to suspend its services in the event that an account has been hacked, is missing characters, has lost items and will not provide evidence of such events to repeal a ban, no exceptions.
- e.i.1. The user agrees and accepts that if an infringement determined by the game staff has been made, the team may issue penalties immediately without prior notice and the user may not contest this.
- e.i.2. The user agrees and accepts that the game staffs’ judgment is based on evidence submitted by the affected party in the form of a Video Clip only. The game staff will evaluate all the evidence that has been provided.
- e.i.3. In the event where evidential Video Clip submissions have been altered/tampered/falsified in order to cause harm to other users, the game staff has the right to immediately enforce punishment without prior notice and the user may not contest this.
- e.i.4. Users should not disclose their account information to any other individual in order to prevent future repercussions. The account owner is the sole person responsible for any damages.
- e.i.5. The user agrees that in the event that the game staff must investigate a users’ account or character in question the user will fully cooperate with the team. If the user does not cooperate or disrupts and obstructs the investigation team the user has openly given consent as outlined in condition 4 b.
- e.i.6. A user agrees to all the terms and conditions set by the company once a user has registered for an EXE ID and has given the company consent to act appropriately in accordance with any of the conditions.
- e.i.7. If a user is caught violating any conditions for any of EXE’s services either directly or indirectly, the company reserves the right not to provide any assistance on the matter.
- e.i.8. The user understands and agrees with the rules etiquette that the team specified in all respects. And if the user is guilty of abuse that has led to a temporary suspension or a permanent ban, the user will not pursue compensation for any damages that have incurred from EXE.